Welcome to the Valley District!
We hope you find this page helpful. If there is something you would like to see here or if you find something in error, please contact the Valley District Webmaster, Rusty Nelson.
- For specific assistance or questions about your Scouting Unit, please contact your Unit Commissioner. If you do not know who your Unit Commissioner is, please contact Toby Williams, Valley District Commissioner or visit the 'Commissioner' page under the 'About' tab above.
- For specific assistance or questions about a District Event(s) not listed on this, please visit the 'District Committee' page under the 'About' tab above and contact the appropriate person.
- For specific assistance or questions about Advancement (including Eagle Scout Advancement, Eagle Scout Advisors & Merit Badge Coleege) please contact Chuck Sherman, or visit the 'Advancement' tab above.
- For specific assistance or questions about Training, please visit the 'Training' page on the tab above, or contact Mike Bonfiglio.
- If you would like to make an announcement or have questions about the Valley District Roundtable, please contact Donna Carmichael, or visit the 'Commissioner' page under the 'About' tab above.
Saturday, November 8, 2014
2014 Valley District Merit Badge College
The Annual Valley District Merit Badge College will be held at Front Range Community College. Online registration is now open and continues until November 6th. Classes are on a 'First Come, First Served' basis so the earlier you register, the more likely you'll be able to sign up for the merit badge classes you want.
Remember a Scout is prepared. Your Scout will complete the merit badge requirements discussed in class as long as the prerequisites are completed. Only a few merit badges can be completed at merit badge college. They are marked on the Prerequisite page.
- You may register for a maximum of THREE Eagle Required merit badges ONLY. If you register for more than 3, we will be calling you to change your classes. The acronym ERC stands for Eagle Required Course.
Note: When adding names, please add the participant's name, not the parent's name.
If you make an error in choosing a class or your Scout changes his mind on what class he would like to take, please contact JoLynne Conrad at 720.266.2135 to help make the change. Please, do not create a new registration. If you create a second registration for your Scout, you will not be refunded the extra fees. Please plan accordingly as there will be NO REFUNDS.
Lunch is from 11:10 am to 11:40 am or 12:50 pm to 1:20 pm and will consist of pizza and a beverage. When your Scout has lunch depends on whether you sign him up for Period 3 or Period 3a. In case of food allergies, please bring your own sack lunch. No monetary credit will be given if you bring your own lunch.
Folks, please register as soon as you know your Scout's schedule. This is a very popular Merit Badge College and there will not be availability for walk ins.
Prerequisites are available.
Class List and Availability: Do you need to know what classes are available? This link will take you to a real-time listing of what classes are available and how many are left.
MeritBadge.org: This site provides you with information as to the requirements of the Badge and worksheets that you may print off.
Upcoming Training Opportunities
Be sure to take advantage of the following training opportunities coming up next month (November 8th):
- Cub Scout Den Leader & Assistant Position Specific Training
- Cubmaster and Assistant Cubmaster Position Specific Training
- Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Leader Specific Training
- Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training
- Venturing Advisor Position Specific Training
- Essentials of Merit Badge Counseling
- Pack Committee Member Position Specific Training
- Crew Committee Challenge
- Team Committee Challenge
- Leader & Assistant Position Specific Training
Visit the Valley Calendar and register for the training of your choosing!
Announcing the New Valley District Patch!
Congrats to Steve Bathke of Pack 523 on winning the competition for the new design!
Thank you to everyone who submitted designs into the competition! The Valley District Committee had the dificult task of selecting just one design from the many that were submitted. The Committee voted, and this design recieved the most votes!
The patch design will be created into patches SOON! Keep an eye out for the annoucement about when & where you can pick-up your very own New Valley District Patch! We are hoping to have them available to you before the end of the year!
Free Patches & Free Pizza!
Free Patches: Every Scout who recruits a friend to join their Pack, Troop, Team, or Crew will recieve a FREE Valley District +1 Recruiter patch! This is a special patch that was designed for the Valley District, not the generic BSA Recruiter patch! There are no limits on how many patches a Scout can earn -- the more firends they recruit, the more patches they will recieve! Download the Patch Application form here (must be submitted with the NEW Scout application to receive the patch).
Free Pizza: The Valley District will be providing free pizza for 3 Packs who recruit new Scouts during the month of October. Download the flyer here to advertise to your Pack! These 3 Packs will recieve the free pizza for their Pizza Party:
- The Pack who recruits the most new Scouts in October
- The Pack who recruits the highest % of new Scouts in October (based on their Oct. 1st official BSA roster)
- The Pack who recruits the most new Tigers in October
BSA Applications on all new recruits must be recieved at the Council Office no later than Noon on Friday, October 31st, 2014
If you still need recruitment resources for your Second or Third-round Join Nights: Order your flyers, posters and buddy cards here. Make sure to contact Bryan Hyatt or Will Cooper with your plans!
Resources and Tools
ScoutSource has been created to support the many volunteers who are so integral to the Scouting Program. You will find that ScoutSource is your one-stop shop for all of the resources available to assist you in your Scouting efforts. Go to ScoutSource!
Visit our Comissioners page for information on Unit Service and Roundtable.
Visit our District Committee page for Disrtict Committee information and contacts.
Visit our Training page for information on Valley District Leader Training.
Request an Eagle Advisor here.
Find Us On Facebook and Twitter
We are continuously seeking to improving our communication to the volunteers of the Valley District!
Visit the Valley District Facebook page and be sure to like our page!
Visit the Valley District Twitter @ValleyDAC to get the latest information from us.
Questions and Comments
Submit any questions or comments about the Valley District.