Welcome to the Valley District!
We hope you find this page helpful. If there is something you would like to see here or if you find something in error, please contact the Valley District Webmaster, Rusty Nelson.
- For specific assistance or questions about your Scouting Unit, please contact your Unit Commissioner. If you do not know who your Unit Commissioner is, please contact Toby Williams, Valley District Commissioner or visit the 'Commissioner' page under the 'About' tab above.
- For specific assistance or questions about a District Event(s) not listed on this, please visit the 'District Committee' page under the 'About' tab above and contact the appropriate person.
- For specific assistance or questions about Advancement (including Eagle Scout Advancement, Eagle Scout Advisors & Merit Badge Coleege) please contact Chuck Sherman, or visit the 'Advancement' tab above.
- For specific assistance or questions about Training, please visit the 'Training' page on the tab above, or contact Mike Bonfiglio.
- If you would like to make an announcement or have questions about the Valley District Roundtable, please contact Donna Carmichael, or visit the 'Commissioner' page under the 'About' tab above.
2015 Valley District Klondike
The Valley District would like to invite you to attend the 2015 Valley District Klondike Derby. This is a challenging, district wide, winter camping event. For this reason we are asking that only registered Boy Scouts in a troop of second year Webelos participate in this event. This year's event will be held at Camp Tahosa High Adventure Base, Ward, CO, January 23-25, 2015. The theme of this event is MAD SCIENTISTism. All of the activities will be geared toward the STEM theme. (STEM is Science Technology Engineering and Math).
When arriving or departing all units must check in and out at Headquarters. Scouts and Scouters attending for the day will arrive on Saturday morning and spend the day, including campfire, if they so choose. All day visitors must check in and out at Headquarters.
On Saturday, Scouts in patrols will participate in the STEM themed events. The events are designed to test a patrol's skill, both mentally and physically. The patrol method is a team effort so patrols that work together will excel. The primary purpose of this event is for Scouts and Scouters to spend time enjoying fun and fellowship in the outdoors.
Registration is limited to 7 Scouts at one time as the program times out, the program times out and not everyone types as quickly as others. If you have more Scouts click on continue shopping on the lower left hand side and re-register additional Scouts. When you are finished registering you will click finish and checkout. You do not have a registration until you have clicked Save on the right hand side and a receipt arrives via e-mail. If you have questions with registration contact Cindy 720.266.2148.
It is highly recommended that you download and read the Leader's Guide.
For more information please contact:
Mark Keehn - The All Mighty Klondike Dude 720.629.4096
Registration ends Thursday, January 22, 2015 at midnight. After that date you may walk-in at $25.00 for everyone except Webelos who may walk-in for $20.00.
Valley 2015 Cub Scout Winter Adventure
Join us March 7, 2015 at Tahosa High Adventure Base - 173 County Road 96, Ward, CO 80481. There will be ice fishing, snow sledding, broom hockey, scout skill instruction, crafts and games. All Cub Scouts and their families are welcome. The cost is $10 per person.
For more information email or call Darrell Fuller 303.427.1860.
Resources and Tools
ScoutSource has been created to support the many volunteers who are so integral to the Scouting Program. You will find that ScoutSource is your one-stop shop for all of the resources available to assist you in your Scouting efforts. Go to ScoutSource!
Visit our Comissioners page for information on Unit Service and Roundtable.
Visit our District Committee page for Disrtict Committee information and contacts.
Visit our Training page for information on Valley District Leader Training.
Request an Eagle Advisor here.
Find Us On Facebook and Twitter
We are continuously seeking to improving our communication to the volunteers of the Valley District!
Visit the Valley District Facebook page and be sure to like our page!
Visit the Valley District Twitter @ValleyDAC to get the latest information from us.
Questions and Comments
Submit any questions or comments about the Valley District.