Scouting's Journey to Excellence (JTE)
(Formerly Unit Success Award (USA) Information)
Scouting’s Journey to Excellence is the BSA’s new council performance recognition program designed to encourage and reward success and measure the performance of our units, districts, and councils. It is replacing the Centennial Quality Awards Program as a means of encouraging excellence in providing a quality program at all levels of the BSA Sample Calendars:
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to help at a Scouting event where your own youth were not directly involved?
- Do you believe in the magical spirit of Scouting?
- Is Scouting a way of life, not just an extra-curricular activity?
- Do you find that the busier you are, the more you really get done?
- Are you ready to share your Scouting experiences with others?
If you answered yes to any one of the above questions, you might have the Commissioner qualities that are desired. To find out more about Commissioner Service in the Frontier District, please contact Tim Brackett
The mission of the Commissioner staff is to facilitate discussions and provide resources to units. This group of experts operate as unit development consultants. They are charged with contacting unit leadership on a monthly basis just to see how things are going. Unit leaders should get to know their commissioner and seek their advice.
Commissioner meetings are the second Thursday of every month at 7 PM at Bethany Lutheran Church, 4500 E. Hampden Avenue, Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113.