Join Our Summer Camp Staff
Do you have the "Right Stuff?"
Working for a Denver Area Council camp is not just a job, it's a lifestyle. The Denver Area Council is looking for a few good men and women who have the "Right Stuff" to join our camp staffs. Spending your summer at either Peaceful Valley or Tahosa Alpine Base will provide you with an opportunity to not only have the adventure of a lifetime, but to also affect the lives of thousands of youth from across the country.
Just another day at work...
Working on camp staff is a great opportunity to spend your days outdoors, and earn a salary at the same time. Spend your days taking Scouts on hikes, teaching them how to shoot a gun or ride a horse, and relaxing with them in the evenings as you all sit around a campfire telling stories and watching skits. Other benefits of working on staff are: summer housing, three scrumptious meals a day, time off on the weekends, working on your tan, and making friends from around the country.
Who am I?
There are two camp staff position categories: Leadership Team members who are paid staff ages 16 years and older and Counselor-in-Training (CIT's) who are volunteer staff ages 14 or 15 years old. CITs work three weeks during the summer, and will spend one of each of those weeks at Dobbins, Dietler, and Magness, with an option of adding a fourth week at Tahosa. During the day, CIT's time is spent learning teaching skills and observing/assisting Leadership Team members teaching Scouts. Second year CITs can choose which camp they work at, and will work a total of four to seven weeks, plus staff week.
The Denver Area Council is currently hiring for all positions at Peaceful Valley and Tahosa Alpine Base. If you are interested in a job during the 2016 summer season, complete the 2016 Leadership Team Application (age 16 years and over) or the 2016 Counselor-in-Training Application (age 14 or 15 years old). First time applicants should also submit three Camp Staff Reference Forms.
Interviews are held on December 29th, 2015, for senior staff, January 23 & February 5, 2016, for general Leadership Team members, and March 12, 2016, for Counselors-in-Training. Alternate interview dates can be arranged if needed including by phone or Skype.
- Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch - Ranch Director, Megan Houghton at 720-266-2178
- Tahosa Alpine Base - Camp Director, Toni Lyman at 303-440-4040
- Camping Director - Joey Quick at 720-266-2106
- December 11 - Senior Staff Applications Deadline
- December 29 - Senior Staff Interviews
- January 15 - Camp Staff Application Deadline
- January 23 - Camp Staff Interviews
- February 6 - Camp Staff Interviews
- March 4 - Counselor-in-Training (new and returning) Application Deadline
- March 12 - Counselor-in-Training (new and returning) Interviews
- April 16 - Camp Staff Orientation
- May 7 - Work Day at Peaceful Valley
- May 14 - Work Day at Peaceful Valley
- May 29 - Dobbins & Dietler Senior Staff Week at Peaceful Valley
- June 3 - Aquatics/Climbing/Shooting Sports pre-training
- June 5 - Dobbins & Dietler Staff Week at Peaceful Valley
- June 12 - Magness Senior Staff Week & Staff Week at Tahosa Alpine Base
- June 17 - Magness Staff Week
- July 24 - Last day for Tahosa staff
- August 1 - Last day for Peaceful Valley staff
**All dates are subject to change.
|Administration ||Service Department ||Instructors |
|Program Director ||Trading Post Manager ||Rifle, Archery, and Shotgun |
|Medical Director* ||Trading Post Clerk ||Outdoor Skills |
|Shooting Sports Director (Program)* ||Commissary Manager ||Aquatics |
|Aquatics Director (Program)* ||Commissary Assistant ||Handicraft |
|Equine Director (Program)* ||Quartermaster ||Equine |
|Climbing Director (Program)* ||Commissioner (Program)* ||Ecology |
|Area Directors (Program) ||Office Clerk ||Multimedia/Technology |
*Must be 21 years of age or older. For more information please review the Peaceful Valley and Tahosa Job Descriptions.
The Online Store is opens in March 2016. Please consult the Sizing Chart before ordering.
Please refer to the uniform guidelines to see which items can be purchased online, and which items must be purchased in person from the Denver Scout Shop. A 25% discount coupon will be available for download for uniform items required from the Denver Scout Shop.
Document and Information Center
Application and Interviews
Pre-Camp Trainings and Information
Organization Charts and Job Descriptions*
*Subject to change