Join Our Summer Camp Staff
Do you have the "Right Stuff?"
Working for a Denver Area Council camp is not just a job, it's a lifestyle. The Denver Area Council is looking for a few men and women who have the "Right Stuff" to join our camp staffs. Spending your summer at either Peaceful Valley or Camp Tahosa will provide you with an opportunity to not only have the adventure of a lifetime, but to also affect the lives of thousands of youth from across the country.
Just another day at work...
Working on camp staff is a great opportunity to spend your days outdoors and earn a salary at the same time. Spend your days taking Scouts on hikes, teaching them how to shoot a gun or ride a horse, and relaxing with them in the evening as you all sit around a campfire telling stories and watching skits. Other benefits of working on staff are: summer housing, three meals a day, time off on the weekends, working on your tan, and making friends from around the country.
The Denver Area Council is currently hiring for all positions at Peaceful Valley and Camp Tahosa. If you are interested in a job during the 2015 summer season complete the 2015 Summer Camp Staff Application as well as the Camp Staff Reference Form (new employees only). We look forward to seeing you on our staff next summer. Below are just some of the positions being sought, for a full list, please contact Joey Quick.
Leadership Team Key Dates
- November 1, 2014: Camp Director and Program Director applications due
- December 1, 2014: Area Director Applications Due
- December 30, 2014: Christmas Party at Peaceful Valley
- December 30, 2014: Staff interviews at Peaceful Valley
- January 2, 2015: Counselor applications due
- January 10, 2015: Staff Interviews - Hamilton Scout Headquarters
- February 1, 2015: Staff Interviews - Hamilton Scout Headquarters
- April 18, 2015: Camp Staff Orientation - Hamilton Scout Headquarters (get a jump on your paperwork submittals)
- May 2, 2015: Work Day at Peaceful Valley
- May 9, 2015: Work Day at Peaceful Valley
- May 26, 2015: Senior Staff Week at Peaceful Valley
- May 29, 2015: Aquatics/Climbing/Shooting Sports pre-training
- May 31, 2015: Staff Week at Peaceful Valley
- June 7, 2015: Week 1 at Peaceful Valley
- June 7, 2015: Staff Week at Tahosa High Adventure Base
- July 27, 2015: Last Day for Staff**
**All dates are subject to change.
|Administration ||Service Department ||Instructors |
|Program Director ||Trading Post Manager ||Rifle, Archery, and Shotgun |
|Medical Director* ||Trading Post Clerk ||Outdoor Skills |
|Shooting Sports Director (Program)* ||Commissary Manager ||Aquatics |
|Aquatics Director (Program)* ||Commissary Assistant ||Handicraft |
|Equine Director (Program)* ||Quartermaster ||Equine |
|Climbing Director (Program)* ||Commissioner (Program)* ||Ecology |
|Area Directors (Program) ||Office Clerk ||Multimedia/Technology |
*Must be 21 years of age or older
The Online Store is currently closed. Please refer to the Camp Staff Uniform Sizing Chart for accurate ordering. Camp staff uniforms cannot be purchased at the Denver Scout Shop. Camp uniforms must be purchased online and Boy Scout Uniform items must be purchased at the Denver Scout Shop (303.477.4830) or you may order uniform items online at ScoutStuff.org. The uniform list breaks down what uniforms items can be purchased where. Upon notification, all Camp Staff and CIT orders may be picked up at the Hamilton Scott Headquarters, 10455 W 6th Ave, Denver, CO 80215 by May 19, 2015. We are open M-F, 8-5.
Leadership Team Document and Information Center
Application and Interviews
Required Employment Documents
The required documents online chart (available soon) will pave the way for all the necessary documents required for your 2015 personnel folder. It includes all links for completing forms and doing online training. Click on the appropriate link, download the form, complete the form and/or training, print the form and/or certificate. Please make sure you have all your paperwork submitted by May 31, 2015.
Pre Camp Trainings and Information
Organization Charts and Job Descriptions