What is Roundtable?
Roundtable is a forum for sharing experiences and enjoying fun and fellowship with other Scout leaders. The objectives of roundtables are to provide leaders with program ideas, information on policy and events, and training opportunities. For those of you familiar with the literature, you may note that this is quoted from the front of the Roundtable planning guide, but rearranged a bit from the layout originally provided. I intend on running Roundtable more as a forum than just a training.
Who is Roundtable for?
Roundtable is for every Scoutmaster, Cubmaster, Den Leader, Committee Member, and Unit Leader who is interested in providing a quality program for their youth. Roundtable is especially for you. This is the next step from the online training and the individual experiences you may or may not have, because it is an interactive forum. You will be able to ask questions, share solutions to problems, and learn something from the experiences of others. I am fairly certain that if you attend and participate, you will benefit from roundtable if you are brand new to scouting, a couple years into the program, in a new position in scouting, or even a seasoned veteran in Scouting.
How will Roundtable be different this year?
- The Gateway Roundtable staff will be different this year. Come meet us on August 7th.
- We will be refocusing on the forum or breakout aspect of Roundtable.
- We are bringing back some old traditions, such as Gateway Bucks and the year-end auction to use the Gateway bucks.
- We will be rolling out a newsletter for handout at each meeting.
- We will be introducing a LDS breakout in addition to the Boy Scout, Cubmaster, Den Leader, Committee Member, and Webelos Leader breakout sessions.
- Important news items, announcements, will be limited to 4 minutes.
- We will be looking to recruit Units to participate in the Opening Flag Ceremonies.
- I’m sure there is more, but this is a good start!
When and where is Roundtable?
Roundtable is the first Thursday of each month from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM, beginning August 7, 2014, and will be held at the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS Building located at 6490 Quail St, Arvada, CO 80004.
What do you do next?
Show up to Roundtable, bring a friend, and participate. Help us make Roundtable a benefit for you and all other unit leaders in Gateway District.
Nate Graf - District Roundtable Commissioner