We are pleased to announce that the Denver Area Council will be participating in the 2013 Lowes National Eagle Scout Project Impact Grant program. This program is made possible by a grant provided by Lowes. The program is open to all Life Scouts that are in the process of obtaining approval of their Eagle Scout Service Project.
The grants are in the form of $100.00 gift cards that can be used to purchase supplies for an Eagle Scout Service Project. Councils participating in the program are allotted a limited quantity of gift cards to be awarded to Scouts within their council.
To process to apply for the grant are as follows:
A Scout must have the following to request a Grant:
The Council Follow-up Volunteer will enter the names and addresses of Scouts as they are identified. As these are received at the National office, Scouts will be sent their gift cards. The applying scout can mail or scan the Grant Application to the Council Follow-up Volunteer:
8926 Ridgepointe Way
Castle Pines, CO 80108
• $100 prepaid Discover card will be mailed directly to the scout’s home (different from last year)
• Purchase of food and tools, or anything not directly related to the scout's project, with the card is not permitted
• Allow 30 days for delivery
• Receipts (required) and cards with any balance remaining are returned to the council follow-up volunteer
• Receipts are required to verify that items purchased were directly related to the scout’s Service Project
• Unused cards and cards with a balance remaining are returned
Additional Scout Recipient's Obligations
• Obtain a receipt for each expenditure made with the card.
• Take a few “before” pictures
• Display the Lowe’s poster at your project site
• Do the following as soon as possible after the project has been completed, but no later than April 30, 2014.
• Submit your receipts to your council's Lowe's project follow-up volunteer.
• Take a few “after” pictures of your project, preferably showing what was purchased with the card.
• Submit three to five of your best before-and-after photos to your Council's Lowe's project follow-up volunteer.
• Make a brief electronic report of your project
• If there is any remaining balance on your card, submit the card to your council's Lowe's project follow-up volunteer.
Electronic Grant Participant Report (to be completed when the project is concluded)
• A Scout must have the following to submit his report.
• The name of his council
• Lowe's project gift card number
• Scout’s first name and last name (as recorded by Lowe’s)
• Phone number
• Unit type (Troop, Crew, Team, or Ship) and number
• The name and location of the organization that benefited from your Eagle Scout service project
• The start and finish dates for your project
• The type of project you completed (for example, construction, event, landscaping, etc.)
• A brief description of project
Since most of what is requested has to be completed anyway, this is a fairly easy way to pick up $100 is project funding!
You will be notified within one week of your approval status, upon approval your card should arrive within three – four weeks.
The grant does not need to be listed on the Eagle Scout Service Project Fundraising Form as the council has elected to participate in the program.
Other sources of materials or funding must still be listed on the fundraising form and be approved
Please see www.scouting.org/trailtoeagle for more information and the Scouts obligations if they receive the grant.
Again we would like to thank Lowes for making this possible and for their continued support of Scouting.