Welcome to the Gateway District!
The Mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral decisions throughout their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
2016 Twilight Camp
What does day camp do?
- Promotes fun and adventure with a purpose; Day Camp is a huge reason why Cub Scouts join, and why they remain Cub Scouts.
- Helps the Cub Scouts succeed, and provides significant rank advancement opportunities.
- Offers character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness.
- Meets individual boy's needs and interests by offering a fun, meaningful, and educational Scouting program.
- Helps to recruit new boys into the den and pack during the summer.
- Provides a method of recruiting, training and inspiring present and future Cub Scout adult leadership.
- Provides the opportunity for units to earn the National Summertime Pack Award, and to work toward qualifying for the Journey to Excellence Award.
Gateway District Twilight Camp will offer a Mini Camp and Tot Lot for younger children as a convenience for our Group Guides and also the Day Camp Staff. Boys and Girls ages 3-10 may attend and must be potty trained. Parents or guardians of these children must be on site attending camp in order for a child to attend Mini Camp and Tot Lot. An organized program is prepared for the children for the whole day except for lunch time, where the parent must pick their child up for lunch and return them afterward.
2016 Gateway Pinewood Derby
Awards, standings, and stats are here!
Don't forget to keep track of your camping nights. Not only does it help with your Unit's JTE numbers but you and your Scouts can earn one of many really cool National Outdoor Awards.
Learn more about summer camps here.
2016 Webelos Weekend
CubMasters! Webelos Leaders! Sign up now for Webelos Weekend 2016.
Open to any Cub Scout that is a Webelos Scout as of June 3rd , 2016
What is Webelos Weekend?
- Webelos Weekend is an opportunity for Webelos and adults to enjoy a fun and learning-filled weekend with Boy Scouts and Scouting adults.
- Webelos Weekend is a chance for Webelos to get a taste of activities Boy Scouts do, while completing requirements for Activity Pins
- Webelos Weekend is a time for adults to learn about the Boy Scout program, and to complete Webelos Outdoor Leader Training
Registration is now open for Webelos Weekend! Sign up early, we will fill up fast. Register Now
Need more information? June 3rd - 5th, Tahosa! or contact: Mike Gill or Ken Kinnard
Spring Sign Up for Scouting Nights
Kindergartners have been waiting all year to sign up your pack. Fill out and submit the Sign Up For Scouting Materials Request Form, and the district membership team will prepare flyers for you, provide stickers, yard signs, buddy cards, and other materials for you. Neatness counts on this form. What you type in will be what you see on your materials. We are here to help so please reach out to us and let us know what we can do for you!
If you need assistance or more information, contact Tobin Truslow or James Dockter
Cub Scout Recruitment Helps:
Troop/Crew Recruitment Helps:
It's Charter Renewal Time!
All units need to complete the Renewal process by February 29, 2016. Download the Charter Renewal Guide here. All registered adults must maintain current Youth Protection Training certification. Certificates must be active valid for 60 days past the deadline (through May 1st)
There are three opportunities to turn in your Renewal paperwork:
- Thursday February 4, 2016 starting 6:30pm at Gateway District Roundtable
- Saturday February 20, 2016 from 2pm-4pm at Hamilton Scout Headquarters
- Saturday February 27, 2016 from 2pm-4pm at Panera Bread in Westminster Town Center
Paperwork can also be turned in directly at Council Headquarters. Contact your Commissioner if you have any questions about Charter Renewal. Contact your Commissioner
Find us on Facebook
We are continuously improving our communication to our volunteers. Like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on all our events and activities.
If you are needing help with your Scouting Unit, please feel free to reach out to District Executives Tobin Truslow and James Dockter. For further assistance, you can reach out to your Commissioners.