What Is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is Scouting's premier training course. It's the ultimate leadership training experience designed to meet the leadership needs for all Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, and Venturing leaders as well as council and district leaders and Scouting professionals.
Lord Baden-Powell originally designed it so that Scouters could learn, in as practical a way possible, the skills and methods of Scouting. It is first and foremost, learning by doing.
Why Should You Attend Wood Badge?
It will give you tools in area’s of leadership, better communication, team building, teacher, project management and problem solving. Read what others say!!
If you are interested in attending Wood Badge as a participant, you might want to look at the Information for Participants page for more information. If you are ready to help in staffing a course, take a look at the Staffing Wood Badge page.
2016 Wood Badge Courses:
Explore the 2016 courses - English, Spanish
- 2016 Fall Course - August 25-27, September 8-10 - This Course Will be Held at Camp Tahosa
Registration for this courses is currently open. We are asking for all payments to be made online and to be paid in full before the course date. There are no provisions for paying for your registration at camp.
2017 Wood Badge Courses:
- 2017 Spring Course - Mar 2-4 and Mar 16-18 (Thurs/Fri/Sat) - This Course Will be Held at Peaceful Valley- Course Director is Leif Olsen
- 2017 Fall Course - Aug 25-27 and Sept 8-10 (Fri/Sat/Sun) - This Course Will be Held at Camp Tahosa - Course Director is Mike Gill
Fall Wood Badge Breakfast
It will be on October 8th, 2016 at 7:30
Hi everyone! The Fall Wood Badge Breakfast is approaching! We look forward to seeing as many critters there as possible – dare I issue a Critter Challenge?? Who can have the most Critters in Attendance? And what Critter sings the best??
Heritage United Methodist Church
7077 S Simms
Littleton CO 80127
We have also completed the latest version of the Wood Badge Book. We will have it back and available for sale at the Breakfast. It will be on sale for $30 each, with all proceeds going to the Wood Badge Scholarship and Equipment Fund. If you want to reserve your copy, email Royd Despain.
SEE YOU THERE!!
Wood Badge Service Opportunities:
Please visit this page for service opportunities for Wood Badgers.
Who should I contact?
- Royd Despain- Denver Area Council Wood Badge Coordinator
- Chris Hall - 2016 spring course: 4/15-17/16/16 and 4/29, 30, 5/1
- Mark Stang - 2016 fall course: 8/25-27 and 9/8-10/2016
See the Denver Area Council's Wood Badge overview video.
Join Us On Facebook