What Is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is Scouting's premier training course. It's the ultimate leadership training experience designed to meet the leadership needs for all Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, and Venturing leaders as well as council and district leaders and Scouting professionals.
Lord Baden-Powell originally designed it so that Scouters could learn, in as practical a way possible, the skills and methods of Scouting. It is first and foremost, learning by doing.
?Why Should You Attend Wood Badge
It will give you tools in area’s of leadership, better communication, team building, teacher, project management and problem solving. Read what others say!!
If you are interested in attending Wood Badge as a participant, you might want to look at the Information for Participants page for more information. If you are ready to help in staffing a course, take a look at the Staffing Wood Badge page.
2015 Wood Badge Course Dates
Sign up today!
2016 Wood Badge Courses:
- 2016 Spring Course - April 15-17, 2016 and April 29, 30, May 1, 2016 - This Course Will Be Held at Peaseful Valley
- 2016 Fall Course - August 25-27, September 8-10 - This Course Will be Held at Tahosa
Wood Badge Breakfast
Fellow Wood Badgers:
The breakfast last Saturday was a great success thanks to Troop 564; they provided a great breakfast for us starving critters.
We had 245 people there, one of the bigger ones.
We had about 9 participants receive their beads-Congrats!
You guys stepped up because we collected $854 for the scholarships – this will help about 6 Scouters attend wood badge –you guys are great.
The next breakfast will be October 10, 2015-in Castle Rock
Who Should I Contact?
- Royd Dispain- Denver Area Council Wood Badge Coordinator
- Dean Harbert - Summer Course: 8/27-29/2015 and 9/10-12/2015
- Chris Hall - 2016 Spring Course: 4/15-17/16/16 and 4/29, 30, May 1 2016
- Mark Stang - 2016 Fall Course: 8/25-27 and 9/8-10/2016
See the Denver Area Council's Wood Badge Overview Video.
Join us on Facebook